Wednesday, April 20, 2011
According to BusinessKnowledgeSource.com billboards are the second most popular form of advertising. The statistics show that almost 95% of people will read billboard messages each year. I think that these two reasons are a big part of why advertising this way has become so popular. I think if a company is not using outdoor advertising that they might be relying too heavily on other forms of advertising and overlooking this one; which is a cost effective way to get sales and attract customers.
Some of the factors that have led to this popularity include low price, constant advertising, and a better bang for the buck. If you think about it outdoor advertising definitely has it's benefits. Your ad will always be on, unlike t.v or radio your billboard could be viewed anytime day and night. Billboards are affordable too, depending on the region they can run from $600-$3,000 a month. Many magazine ads cost at least $1,500 and will not be viewed by as many people. Billboards can also help to create brand recognition and if you put your web address on your billboard people stuck in traffic will be able to remember it easily.
When coming up with a billboard it is important to rememeber to keep it simple. Use font that is easy to read and bright colors that will keep peoples attention.
Overall after doing a little research and thinking from a consumer point of view I can understand why Billboard advertising is both effective and popular. I plan to use it in the future if I start my own business, afterall I don't want to put all my advertising eggs in one basket.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment